Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A long time.....

It has been a really long time since I have updated here! Things are going, well, about the same as usual. We've been trying to learn to read a little better this summer, do math facts a little quicker and stay cool! It has been very hot here in the south!! Or, at least in Southern Texas!

Kids have been to various camps and I have learned to sew, like from a pattern!! WOO HOO!!! I made a darling, darling dress with coordinating shorts for Rylea. I will be making one for Rubea and Kaylea as well. I think I have enough to also make one for my neice, Aubree, too!!

We have one surgery under our belt for the summer, Rubea had an expansion of her titanium ribs. The lengthened each side by 1.5 cm. The average is only .5 - 1 cm. She has really grown. Infact, while making the dresses and measuring each girl, we found there is very little difference in them. It amazes me that our 3 yo, 4 yo and almost 9 yo can use the same pattern.
The biggest difference is in height. Tho, Kaylea is the height of an average 4-5 year old and the baby girls are closer to the average for their age. We did find that according to her bone age, Rylea is at a 3 - 3.5 year old instead of a 4.5 yo. Kaylea's is normal.

Kaylea has surgery this Thursday and then Kaylea, Rylea, Ethan & Owen all have surgeries scheduled for this fall and Rubea will be due for another expansion in January 2010. Looks like we have our life planned out for the next 6 months.

Johnathan and Emilea were able to fly to Nashville to attend Camp Electric this summer! They are already signed up for next year. They had a great time and still talk about it daily. One of the guys from Pillar is also getting them tickets to the Texas Hill Fest in Sept. They are excited to get to attend that, too!! Oh, and we are going to the Toby Mac concert at Fiesta TX on Friday!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sharon and Michael said...

You are one busy moma! :) Your kids are gorgeous. And I'm JEALOUS! ;o) I still can't sew well at all. I get frustrated witht he sewing machine and walk away.

Sharon and Michael said...

You are one busy moma! :) Your kids are gorgeous. And I'm JEALOUS! ;o) I still can't sew well at all. I get frustrated witht he sewing machine and walk away.