Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Straw

Well, Rubea, our baby is behind developmentally by about 9-12 months. We have tried with very little success to teach her to drink from straws and sippy cups. We have tried just about every kind they have out there. She will only take her 2 bottles of hot milk a day and sips out of my water bottle. Yesterday, we were at Sea World. It was hot and we were watching a show and Rubea wanted some of our drink. So, I held it for her and she started drinking from the straw!!!! I am soooo excited!! She can hopefully graduate from the bottle to cups with straws. She has been drinking from them all day today, too!! I guess this means more diapers to change now!! LOL


5 comments:

polkadot said...

Woo Hoo! That is the best news I've heard all day. Great job, Rubea!

Ehays said...

Go Rubea!! Another small step that will probably just keep you hopping! LOL! Love from the Hays family!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Rubea!! Woo hoo!!

Jennifer

Barbie said...

Yeah!! I know what a huge accomplishment that is. It took our son quite a long time to learn that after palate surgery.

Qtpies7 said...

That is great! I know how excited my friend was when they finally got their daughter (adopted from China) to lick her lips!