Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4th Fun!!

Rubea and daddy....love the piggy tails???  She's got hair!!!

Kaylea and Rubea in their matching shirts....you just can't tell!!

Rubea wearing her *fireworks* glasses....and Note!

Ethan shooting paintballs!!

The boys on top of the van watching the fireworks. Mom put us up there, after daddy said *no*!  Yes, I am one of those crazy mom's that dresses her kids alike!!  Hey- my mom did it to us!!! ;-)

Who knew TX would be so rainy and cold for the 4th??? The weather was the same way in Delaware and Germany, too!! Just when we thought we'd have some sunny & hot weather......
We waited most of the day for the rain to stop before heading out to the base to see what their *Festival* was like. Since this is our first 4th here, we thought we'd go see what they had to do. It was open to the public so there were lots of people and lots of mud!!  We let the kids play a few games and ride a few rides. Ethan danced the *Cha Cha slide* for everyone ;-).  Marissa taught him that dance and use to play it for him all the time in Germany, so he knows it well. We went to eat dinner and then we watched the fireworks from the highway. It was great, we were able to see the ones from the base and from Sea World at the same time!! Note kept telling us the *bombs* were going off! Rubea was unimpressed!!  Hope y'all all had a HAPPY 4th! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Too, too cute! Love the matching shirts on your precious kiddos!!! If your crew is like ours, they provide their own fireworks just in interactions with each other! LOL! Can't wait to meet the Lambert family up close and personal!!
Lori and the Hays gang

polkadot said...

I printed out the picture of Rubea to show Bennett when he wakes up. I'm forcing their arranged marriage on him ;)

They all looked like they were having a blast on top of the van, cool mom!

I love when you post pictures -- those of us with a mere four kids are encouraged when we see what you can do with 8! or 9! Losing count!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rubea! I made a video for you on my blog!

Love, Bennett

Andrea said...

OK! You are officially my hero!
I will stop by often to see 'How It's Done".
Good Lookin' bunch of kids.

Andrea

Our 7 Blessings from God said...

Love the matching shirts!! I loved dressing my big boys alike until they protested. Now, I've got 5 victims, oh, I mean children to dress in matching/coordinating outfits:)

Carla said...

Andrea, thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you here often!

Unknown said...

Love the pig tails Rubea!!!

I also dressed my boys alike & now my girls alike. I figure if I loose someone, I will just the police, they are wearing this only with or without glasses! lol

Love to the Lambert fam!

Auntie Rachel & fam