Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tomorrow, after a long week here in the ICU, Kaylea will have her 1st trach change. Due to the complications with placing the trach, she will have a CT scan in the afternoon. They will then decide if she will have another surgery here to correct the issue or if we can go on to Scottish Rite for her halo removal and casting. Scottish Rite would then handle our trach training and education so that we can take her home.

There is another issue going on with Kaylea that I am not ready to post about. It would keep her here in the hospital for quite a while longer and I (and the 5 younger kids)would have to move to be near her. I am asking for prayers for her and her health. She is having a very difficult time right now.



Jennifer said...

Senidng prayers your way. Talk to you soon!

lorihays said...

Sure will be thinking about all of you and saying lots of prayers! ((((HUGS)))) from Kansas and all the Hays gang!

Sharon and Michael said...

Praying for you. If there is anything I can do from here (in SC) let me know. Hoping you update us soon and have good news.

Kim said...

I'll be praying too. I know it's also hard having family split apart. Thank you for checking in with me. Love, Kim